I have tested so many strategies out of which I would like to share one common strategy which worked for 3 of my projects.
I did SEO for a construction company which is doing commercial jobs. They gave me business overview and I asked some questions.
- What are the locations they serve.
- What’s their preferred lead type i.e. call or form submission.
- Target Market i.e. Architects, local builders or infrastructure companies etc.
- Key Service which generate maximum revenue. They had total 8 services out of which 2 services were delivering 75% of business.
- USPs and Key messages about business
- Original Images and Videos of Job they do
Once I get the data, I create a strategy focused on the key services they are offering and I completely choose the competitors according to those services only instead of the competitors they gave me.
First thing I did was, created page titles in simple and easy language which were descriptive enough to tell about the service/page content. We spent a lot of time in finalizing meta data because I wanted to use all the USPs and Key messages/offerings they have for their customers.
The logic behind this was very simple, there are thousands of players in market who are doing the same business so why would a customer choose us. The only thing we could do was to make sure we show what we have in simple words.
Second most important thing I did, created page content for users instead of search engines. We didn’t stuff the page content with keywords and loads of content but the content we built was informative describing company USPs and their expertise. The important thing here was we used the original images and video content instead of fancy stock images.
Once we were done with this, we started optimizing page with all other SEO elements i.e. internal linking, structured data, HTML tags, heading tags and integrating social media feed.
After 7 days of going live, we started doing some PR and Social Media posting where we pushed our service page links and continued for 2 weeks.
This paid off very well and within 35 days we started seeing 10–12 keywords out of 45 target keywords in SERP on 2nd and 3rd page.
We collected the impression and queries data from GSC and implemented the queries with maximum impressions in page content.
After continuing with this activity for 30 more days, finally after 60–70 days we were able to rank all 45 keywords and now out of 45 keywords total 19 keywords are on 1st position and 8 are in top 3 over all 37 keywords are in top 10.
We made this a common practice and applied the same in next 2 projects and it worked for them as well.
SEO Strategy Results
Hope this helps you as well.