Improve SEO Score
While we work on blogs or website content, it’s our first priority to generate quality content and keep the SEO score in mind. We all want to improve SEO Score for our blog posts. Irrespective of blogging platform. Today I am going to share some tips and tricks to do that. There are few key points to remember while drafting a blog post. If you follow the instructions carefully, you can easily improve SEO score and get better results. Doesn’t matter which blogging platform you are using, these steps would work on every blogging platform. Given below are few good steps to follow:
Basic On Page suggestions to improve SEO Score
- Create a focus keyword for each blog post and make sure that your focus keyword should appear in SEO title in & post title too.
- Create the meta description for your posts and put the Focus Keyword to your SEO Meta Description. Also, make sure the focus keyword appears in the SEO description too.
- It would be a good practice if you can add the focus keyword in your blog post URL. Include the focus keyword in the slug (permalink) of the blogpost.
- While drafting the post, make it easier for crawler to understand the content. Try to put the Focus Keyword at the beginning of your content. The first 10% of the content should contain the Focus Keyword preferably at the beginning.
- Try to use Focus Keyword in the content. It is recommended to make the focus keyword appear in the post content too.
- Content should be 600-2500 words long. Minimum recommended content length should be 600 words.
- Try to be descriptive but make sure to count the URL characters. It is good to have URL less than 70 characters. Focus on creating SEO Friendly URL structure.
- Make good use of your focused keyword in headings and sub headings. Use Focus Keyword in subheading(s) like H2, H3, H4, etc.. It is recommended to add the focus keyword as part of one or more subheadings in the content.
- Be more creative and put attractive & descriptive images in your blog posts. Try to add an image with your Focus Keyword as alt text. It is recommended to add the focus keyword in the alt attribute of one or more images.
- Cite the sources and mention external links within your blogpost with do-follow. It helps visitors read more about a topic and prevents pogosticking.
- Go to html Editor and add rel=”nofollow” for the links which you don’t want to get followed by crawlers. PageRank Sculpting no longer works. Your posts should have a mix of nofollow and DoFollow links.
- Maintain the Keyword Density. It should be less than 2.5% in your blogpost. There is no ideal keyword density percentage, but it should not be too high. The most important thing is to keep the copy natural.
- Add internal links in your content. Internal links are great way to represent your content to both your users and search engine crawlers.
- Use the Focus Keyword near the beginning of SEO title. The SEO page title should contain the Focus Keyword preferably at the beginning.
- Your title has a positive or a negative sentiment.
- If possible then use power words in title. Your title doesn’t contain a power word. Add at least one. Magnet Words are tried-and-true words that copywriters use to attract more clicks.
Off Page suggestions to improve SEO Score
Once you are done with On-page, work on off page & built good number of backlinks for your blog. Generate social signals and start responding to comments. Use all white hat methods to generate high quality backlinks. Take part in forum discussions and share your blog post withing related topics. Create engagement by responding to comment threads.
However, you can also check How to Write SEO Friendly Content to have better understanding of writing SEO friendly content for your blog.
You May also like: